India prepares to face England in the 2021 Test Series event with 5 test matches to play between August 4th and 2nd September. England has been a tough side to beat, especially at home. The two sides recently met in the February-March India Vs England four test matches. The wild event saw England win the 1st Test but went on to lose in the remaining three Tests, gifting India a resounding win. However, England’s tour of India presents completely different conditions from the upcoming Test Series. Chris Silverwood’s side has won more matches against India when playing at home, putting Ravi Shastri’s side in a disadvantaged position. However, we have witnessed more of England Vs India matches end in a draw which could be the most perceivable result. That’s considering the two team’s recent form. Hence, both will keep it solid, making it quite a tussle.
Recent India Vs England Test Series Results.
Here are the results of various Test Matches from 2011 till today with India at home:
- England wins 2 Tests; India takes 1 Test, and they draw in 1 in the 2012/2013 encounter.
- India 4, England 0, and 1 draw in the 2016 tour.
- 2020-2021 India wins 3 Tests, England wins 1.
As you can see from these records, most England tours to India have not been successful for the visiting side.
Now, what about England Vs India outcomes with the latter on the road?
- In 2011, England won 4-0 in a 4-test series.
- Home side 3, the visitors 1 and 1 Test match drawn in the 2014 Test Series.
- The host wins 4 Tests as India only banks 1 in 2018’s Test Series.
Similarly, India finds it challenging in away matches against England. If history has taught us something is the replication of outcomes under various circumstances like when a team is playing at home against when on the road. As mentioned earlier, the two will try to hold onto their glory after exemplary results against the likes of Pakistan and Sri Lanka in recent international encounters.
Our England Vs India Test Series prediction
Here is what we think will happen in the 4th August 2021 Test series, in the meantime, as we wait for the respective team players to be unveiled.
- We expect them to put up a fierce fight with key players back in the Indian national team.
- England will remain difficult to beat despite the injuries and absent players Joe Root’s men are currently missing.
- The current world events will favor England because the travelling ban into the UK means the home side will not enjoy the support of big crowds.
- Considering England’s disappointment in the spin-friendly pitches, the pitch conditions might be improved to have a greenish track. However, India’s magnificent attackers won’t be intimidated by this factor.
It will be a close call, but India is expected to pull out something huge with their regained confidence and squad boost. Therefore, we settle for “India to win” as the first pick.