After two entertaining test series encounters, we now focus on the 3rd round, where England will be on a recovery mission. India seemed a bit edged in the 1st test of this India tour of England 2021 but almost made a remarkable comeback before the match disruption. We already predicted that India vs England would be a complete wipeout by the Men in Blue. However, the Pom's have shown their immense class and quality, which is unfortunately yet to bear any positive results. England is now 1-0 down after embarrassingly losing by 151 runs in the 2nd Test Series.
England vs India 2nd Test highlight
Let's recap the key moments from the already-settled test, the second series. England seemed to be the better team as portrayed on bookie lines and other analysis platforms. However, India's Blues were enroute to establishing their dominance. The Poms are a tough side, and that's why India resulted in the perfection of their runs. Here are some points, taken from the 2nd 2021, Eng vs IND, Test match:
- England's Bowlers conceded more runs per over, shown by their high economy rates in both India's Innings.
- India had the most ruthless partnerships.
- The Men in Blue also recorded more strike rates.
- England's captain, Joe Root, has the weight of his team to bear. Only partnerships involving Joe had some noticeable productivity.
- Many of the home team's players lacked proper coordination and connections. Therefore, the team will need to be overhauled and reshuffled – which they have done.
England vs India Thoughts
India will still need to get its strength and chances right, considering the threat of Root's men. They will be facing a vengeance-oriented team, making a tough test. However, remaining in shape and being tactical guarantees the visitors' win in the England vs India Match.
England vs India players to watch
England: Joe Root, James Anderson, Ollie Robinson, Rory Burns, and Jonny Bairstow.
India: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Jadeja, Cheteshwar Pujara, Mohammed Shami and Lokesh Rahul.
England vs India 3rd Test match details
Schedule: 25th to 29th August 2021.
Kickoff: 11.00 AM.
Referee: Alex Wharf.
Venue: Emerald Headingley Stadium, Leeds.